Thursday, July 3, 2014

Emers Takes A Step Up To Two

5/27/14

Emerson,
      You have grown so much this last year. This last year you have done a great job at keeping up with Coleman and doing most everything that he does. You decided you liked sleeping in a big bed with Coleman and so you did for about 6 months. Luckily we got you off the binky before Cooper was born. You sure loved that thing. You still get the hiccups when you laugh. You love to eat and eat and eat. I am amazed sometimes at how much you can eat and the things you will try. We often hear you say, "I want some," whenever someone is eating. You love Poppy's egg sandwiches. You enjoy making a mess when you eat l but you always want your hands wiped clean. If I don't get up quick enough in the mornings, you are in the kitchen searching for food and climbing up on the counters. Gum is one of your favorite things. You search through Grandma's room and purse as well as all my stuff to find it. Amazingly, you can chew gum for hours and then when you're done you either spit it out in the trash or hand it to someone. I have to say that you are a responsible gum chewer. I haven't done as well teaching you the ABC's or your numbers as I did with Coleman but you have caught on to many letters and can count to 10. I believe this is from listening to Coleman. You know your shapes as well. You like Woody and Jesse from Toy Story, love Thomas, Mater from Cars, and you like Curious George. You always say cheese for pictures and crinkle your nose. You are continuing your tendency to always have scrapes, bruises, or injuries. This year, you fell out a 9-foot window and hardly cried. You are my tough little guy. You enjoy playing in the dirt. You are my early riser. You usually are up between 6:30 and 7 am. Most mornings I would find you with only one sock on. I couldn't figure out why you only always had just one on. You like babies and were excited to have a baby brother. You enjoy "Tooper" and ask to hold him. Two seconds later you state that you are done. You are a busy body and don't sit still very often. You like to dance and skip around the living room and will run around on your toes. You enjoyed going to nursery this year, especially because Coleman was in nursery. I found out after you had been in nursery for months that you didn't say much which surprised me because you say a lot. You become shy when you are first around people. You are getting better. You love the park and ask to go there all the time. You are still learning to listen but have been getting much better that last few months. Spankings don't really effect you. You hate time out in your room though and that has worked well. You are good at helping me do things and especially when it's just me and you. You love being outside. You always want to know where your "brother" is when you can't find Coleman. I believe you are going to be an aggressive little wrestler in a few years. You are a little small for your age but that doesn't make a difference to you. Something that you often do is tilt your head when you ask people questions and it's too cute. I wish you could stay my little boy forever. I love you Emers.

Love, Mom






Bumps, bruises, and scrapes






Another injury
And another one...













Moab

No comments:

Post a Comment